If you are planning to come to Hamilton to study at the Waikato University, then this is the page for you. The Welcoming Committee has been set up to help Malaysian newcomers, primarily students and especially those with families who are coming to Hamilton. The organisation structure and objectives are as shown below. If you need any assistance, please leave a comment below and we will try to get in touch with you. Don’t forget to give us your name and email address. Please avoid emailing the Waikatomalaysians email address as it is very heavily spammed and your email might get buried under. It is best if you contact us around 1 month before your confirmed flight if possible.
Welcoming Committee Organisational Structure
- Pengerusi: Yusman & Ruhaya
- Bendahari: Hanna
- Pegawai Komunikasi: Izhar
- Ketua Penyambut: Zaini & Adibah
- AJK: Ariff & Nur
- AJK: Adlan & Ella
- AJK: Kak Jun
- Penasihat Perumahan: Fauzi & Shira
- Penasihat Kenderaan: Saiful & Rina
The Welcoming Committee
The Welcoming Committee is a voluntary organisation, set up and manned by members of the Malaysian community in Hamilton. Its primary mission is to assist Malaysian newcomers to smoothly settle in Hamilton. The Welcoming Committee will be funded through donations from the Malaysian Community. Its tasks and activities will be carried out by the committee members, with the assistance of all members of the Malaysian Community in Hamilton. The Welcoming Committee will endeavour to minimise the need for time-consuming physical meetings and instead use the Internet and other communications means to make decisions and convey information.
- To act as a centralised point of contact for potential newcomers.
- To advise potential newcomers on studying and living in Hamilton.
- To assist them in finding temporary lodgings and shuttle bookings before they arrive in Hamilton.
- To welcome Malaysians who are seeking to study in Hamilton, especially those bringing their family here.
- To provide them with halal food (when needed) and some means of transportation while they are in temporary lodgings.
- To assist them in finding long term rental lodgings and to find furnishing of said lodgings.
- To guide them around the University for enrolment.
- To help spouses of students find some employment in Hamilton.
- To follow up newcomers after they have settled in and include them in community activities.